July 20, 2016
Today, I'm sharing with you a glimpse of a baby quilt I made for my boss. She had a little girl and loves neutral with pops of color so I selected mint and coral with light gray.
I used Elmer's glue to help me match up the points. Have you ever tried it? If you haven't - do it! It's works wonders. My only comment would be you have to press to the side when you do this. If you were to press open it would gum up your iron.
Sorry for a small glimpse, I didn't have a chance to take a photo of the whole quilt before I wrapped it up and sent it to live with Madison.
July 16, 2016
Oh the things I have on my list. I've read that when you write down your goals, the percentage of you completing them increases, so in hopes this post will give me the motivation I need to complete them (and at the same time have a chance at some wonderful prizes). Here we go!
- Make One Take One item for Fall retreat
- I have this one all ready in my mind. I've done a little paper piecing so start, but I'm not sure that I like the mixed low volume background. Going to try round 2 with cohesive background and colorful emphasis
- Baby Girl Quilt for R and K
- Pattern picked out, colors of coral and grays - need to get fabric, cut and get to work
- Baby Girl Quilt for Bella
- It's quite embarrassing to say that she is already over a year old - acck! bad friend. I really should rename this to toddler quilt
- Pillow for my Sister
- I'm so excited to make this for my dear sister. She asked for it a while ago and I want to surprise her and send to her on her birthday, which is the first week of August - tick tock!
- Zip Pouch for unnamed person (who reads my blog)
- Quilt Big 10 Quilt
- This quilt was made sooo long ago. You know what is holding me back? I basted it with the safety pins. The horror! I'm a certified, proud to yell it "spray" baster, but I wanted this one to not shift. Ugh. It's a chevron pattern and I can't imagine quilting it on my machine and moving it through the throat, and....taking out all this pins. You know the saying, nothing worth having is easy and I'm determined to finish so I can cuddle up under it during football season.
- Finish Black and White pillow
- Pink piping with bias binding. All kinds of new things. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Normally I don't share when projects turn out bad, but this will force me to show you a beauty or share some lessons learned.
- Finish Fabric Baskets (3)
- Trying to get a jump on Christmas projects and these just need some top stitching
- Quilt Triangle Quilt
- one of my most favorite patterns and fabrics
- Quilt Sisterhood Quilt
- this quilt is very special to me.
- Make a United States pillow
- Butterfly Pillow for local charity
- Science Pillow
- This is a stretch goal, but living in the DFW area, my guild is putting together some blocks to support the families who had an officer impacted by the recent violence. Instead of just making some blocks, I hope to make a whole quilt top to donate, and possibly even a whole quilt. I'll need to find somewhere to long arm though.