The zipper was broken and it was stretched out and frankly, she just needed a new one. I loosely measured it with my flip flop to remember the dimensions she wanted and told her I would stitch one up for her.
Well.....that didn't work as I had envisioned. It being a "loose" measurement combined with losing quite a bit of space when I boxed the bottom corner meant the first bag was just too small. One other "whoops" was that I used the duck cloth I had bought locally and it just wasn't heavy enough so the bag couldn't stand up on its own. Luckily, my stash includes 4 yards of very heavy duck cloth (from an online supplier) so I started over to make another, larger, one.
The lining is a whimsical, happy cupcake pattern that I hope makes her smile each time she opens it.
She is going to get both of them as I'm sure she can use them.
Happy Birthday Sis - I love you and wish you many more!
Additionally, this project was on my Q3 Finish-A-Long List so I can check it off! Yeah!