October 31, 2012
Well that didn't work out very well
For my Modern 99 Bee a few months ago, we were asked to make this block. It is paper piecing, which I really do like! But....I guess somewhere in the trim phase, I didn't trim right or too much to one side? I am not sure, but when I put them together (for the second time) this is what I ended up with. You can't see all the points and when it gets sewn again they will further deteriorate. The first time I had sewn the diamonds together, but that really does not help with three rows of three blocks, so the seam ripper has met each of the blocks (well except for the white one).
It is disappointing to send this block back because I am not proud of it, but practice makes perfect and I hope that I can do better next time. It isn't fair to only show the good stuff, so that I why I am showing you this one. I, of course, wrote an apology note with the returned block. Let this be a lesson to always start super early in new techniques/new patterns so if I am lacking I can order new fabric and start fresh.