September 12, 2012
First off, she had a pattern. You know the kind, Simplicity with printed tissue paper and everything. I'm sure these are valuable and helpful however, this is not the type of pattern I am used to. Since I only quilt, the format of choice is cut [qty here] of [dimensions here]. The paragraph style directions didn't work for me and so I started with it, but then had to chuck it and just go with my gut.
You see, co-worker C and I got coordinating fabric and she made a comforter and baby bumpers (apparently, those are not "acceptable" anymore - but I didn't know that so no flames on this please) and I made a changing blanket. It was supposed to be a bit smaller, but hey, a little extra room isn't a bad thing.
I finished it (after the baby was born - whoops) but it has now been packaged, labeled and given to Ellie's mom.
Although it is "officially" a changing blanket, it also fits into mini-quilt too!
And the sun was not cooperating with me when I snapped the photo - sorry!